Friday, July 30, 2004
May 11, 1955-July 29, 2000
god rest your soul dad
"in my place, in my place were lines that i couldn't change, and i was lost oh yeah"
"tell me you love me, come back and haunt me"
(thanks be to Coldplay for being the musical sponsor for this day two years running... without music where would we be?)
"so sad... but, one day our kids will have to visit museums to see what a lady looks like, so if you find one, i beg of you hold her tight... yes, spot one good sir, treat her right. Benjamin Andre signing off..."
-Winner of Sexiest Male Vegetarian 2004
the quest for a lady is not a new endeavor. this path has been tread and re-tread throughout the centuries. how do you find one? how do you know if she really is a lady? i guess what the real question is... what is a lady?
Tuesday, July 27, 2004
Wednesday, July 21, 2004
check out what winds of change and boing boing had to say about this.
Tuesday, July 20, 2004
Saturday, July 17, 2004
Friday, July 16, 2004
"Let me say, with the risk of appearing ridiculous, that the true revolutionary is guided by strong feelings of love."
Che Guevara has been an object of my admiration and intrigue ever since I had the opportunity to live in Argentina for two years. Yes I know... "ewwwww he's a bad communist revolutionary," but he is a lot more than that. He is an example of loyalty and commitment. A movie is coming out in September of this year based on his Motorcycle Diaries. These diaries chronicle his travels throughout South America and his conversion to the people... the working poor. In 2006 Benicio Del Toro will play Che in another movie directed by Steven Soderbergh.
14. Has a beard
13. Has RED hair
12. doesn't dress like a real ninja/pirate
13. Is really an ass pirate
10. Likes the new Cure album
9. Didn't come to Florida this year
8. Is obessed with "danger zones"
7. Is a closet redneck
6. But a very intelligent closet redneck
5. Communists suck
4. Has alien children (out of wedlock!!!!)
3. speaks spanglish (japanese is better!)
2. Pitties the fool
1. Did I mention he's a red head??
Contributed by MooFoo
stan: do we not have the packing slip?
militantslave: yeah we just found it
militantslave: crisis averted... because i was "proactive at solving bla bla bla"
stan: I think someone needs to throw themsleves onto their box cutter......
militantslave: luckily i'm ahead of you and bleeding all over the warehouse
stan: Please make sure you are dragging a mop behind you...
militantslave: consider it done
stan: with all that blood someone could slip and fall
militantslave: we wouldn't want that
Thursday, July 15, 2004
Tuesday, July 13, 2004
i am not an elitist. i do not feel superior to those around me. i assume that those around me are of equal or greater intelligence. when i make fun of a subject or a person i expect that those joining me share the same motivation and sense of humor. i assume that they don't really mean to belittle the person or the subject but just to enjoy the humor that life requires. humor to me is being sarcastic and making the most heinous and off the wall comments imaginable. thereby demonstrating that there is no possible way for what i have said to be taken seriously. it hit me today that i am making the wrong assumptions. having seen these other humans in action i know they really are serious about their joking. they are malicious. of course this doesn't make sense to you, we aren't on the same page. we are rarely ever on the same page.
we never have been and we never will be.
Monday, July 12, 2004
Jenkins Lloyed Jones
Friday, July 09, 2004
Kurt Vonnegut, "Cold Turkey", In These Times, May 10, 2004
I had an interesting conversation with a friend of mine yesterday. For as long as I have known her she has been a fanatic of the entertainment industry. She is very interested in the last happenings in Hollywood, up to date on the current romances and drama with our beloved celebrities, America's royal family. Yesterday, she just went off on how ridiculous it is that we support these people. She couldn't understand why we pay them millions, even billions of dollars to entertain us. I didn't say so at the time, but in my head I was like "it's about time!" I find the growth of people interesting. As they think more, the more they question their previous obsessions. This isn't neccessarily a rant on entertainment as much as it is an observation of personal growth.
Does anybody watch television anymore? This isn't a rhetorical question... I'm actually asking you... Do you watch television? What do you watch and why?
Thursday, July 08, 2004
If they've ripped off everything else... why not bite a piece out of the freshly baked Google pie. Take a look for yourself and don't miss the above article... it's downright side-splitting.
and The Ugly
Wednesday, July 07, 2004
Thursday, July 01, 2004
1. a teacher that is more concerned with being the "unlikely" professor than his history of western civilization. don't get me wrong, he's cool, he's hip... but if you have to tell me that you voted yourself "most unlikely to be a professor" every five minutes, something is wrong.
2. a girl that thinks because you have a skull and crossbones on your t-shirt (GO PIRATES!) and she has one on her purse she should sit next to you. maybe even date you. or at least invite each other to parties.
3. another student that goes to a four year university that knows everything and then some. oh yeah... she won't be able to make it to the second half of the term because she has a soccer tournament in Europe.
4. the eyebrow pierced girl that says, "i don't have email. well, i might but i don't remember it. i just don't really like it, honestly, to tell the truth, i'm mad at the internet."
5. "how many of you in here are vegetarians?"
wow... boy am i in for a treat. as a side note... never offer information where it's not asked for.